Promotions are a great way to increase customer loyalty and sales. The Free Product Deal allows you to customise a bundle to give a product for free with a particular purchase.
This deal type is best suited for your needs if you would like to setup a special deal when if a customer selects any specific item(s) from your menu, they will receive a free item(s) additionally.
For example: Buy Any 3 Burgers and Get A Free Large Chips
Step 1 – Details:
1.In order to activate this deal type first you must navigate from the OU Dashboard in the console to the Specials tab and click the first option Special Deals
2. You will find yourself on this page. Tick the second panel Free Product. Now you will be asked to fill in the following details about the deal special you would like to set up. These include:
- Deal Name
- PLU (only applicable for integrated solutions)
- Amount ($ figure)
- Category - select category (this will need to be created first) - category TYPE must be specials.
3. Now please switch these to the preferred options for your deal:
- Would you like to Activate Deal?
- Would you like it to be For Sale?
- Would you like it to include Free Delivery?
- Would you want this deal to be Not in Conjunction with any existing coupon codes? (When activated this deal will not be available with any coupon codes)
4. Next, if you would like to add any Deal Images or Symbols (allergens) to the menu where your deal special will be featured please open the drop downs titled respectively.
a) For the Deal Images please either click the panel to upload your 256x256 (at least) pixel image or alternatively, drag the image to this field. ** Please ensure all deal details are clearly written over deal image.
b) For Symbols please choose your Symbol from the available range (or add a new one by pressing on the + New button in the bottom right section of the panel). Once you have selected the symbol by clicking on it, press the arrow that points towards the Active Symbols To make a symbol inactive simply press on the arrow button that points back towards the Available Symbols box.
If you are done inputting all your details/images/symbols, please move on to the next step by pressing on the button in the bottom right corner labelled Step 2.
Step 2 – Products:
5. Click onto Add Selection Group. This will allow you to create two selection(s) of items for the deal (sizes, products and variations can be managed when selecting items).
a) The first selection of products are the products that make the customer’s eligible for this deal i.e. if they order one of a particular set of burgers they can get a large drink for free. Name this selection group (Remember the customer will see this label) and then select the number of items in the Selections field and lastly make sure that the Free Item switch is on.
Now add the items for this selection using the top right button Add Item +. Choose the category this item belongs to, then the product (you will be repeating this process for every applicable product in this selection), then you can choose if this applies to all sizes of the product or only specific sizes (i.e will the deal work if they order a small burger rather than a large burger?). Additionally you must make the decision of whether they can add variations to their product before getting the free item, if not switch Variations to NO. Click Save Item to save these changes.
b) The second selection of products are the products that become free of charge if the customer’s order the required products.
Click on the Add Selection Group once again, which can now be seen below the selection we just created. Switch this to Free Item: YES. Now Add Item for the items you would like to come free with the previous selection using the method outlined above. You may add multiple free items to choose from if you want.
If you feel the need to remove any items from your selection or have made too many selection groups just press the Delete button for each respectively.
Once you are happy with your selection groups and the items within them, go to the next step’s page by pressing on the bottom right corner button labelled Step 3.
Step 3 – Availability:
6. During this part of the process to setup your free product deal special, you will be asked what days and times you would like this deal to be available, do you want it only available on Tuesdays? All day every day you are open? This is where you can make those choices.
7. Additionally, you get to choose what methods are this deal available to. Can the customer apply this deal to a Pickup order? Or Delivery only.
Congratulations! You have just made a deal special.
If you want to edit or delete this deal special go back to the Special Deals page and click on the Edit or Delete icons. Alternatively, you can temporarily disable the deal special by pressing the Snooze icon.
If you would like to create other types of deal special, please refer to the other articles on our knowledge base: